Troop 248 Mission: To run an organized, Scout-Led troop which uses Scouting fundamentals
to balance fun, learning, and advancement while working as a team to support each other and the community.
Troop 248 is chartered by St Stephens Lutheran Church
and meets every Monday night at 7p at
1575 Charlton St in West St Paul, MN
Youth Leaders – Roles and Responsibilities
- For 2017 and beyond: All Scouts MUST use the new requirements regardless of rank.
Eagle Palm Requirements Changes – starting Aug 1, 2017
Have an ambitious Eagle Scout or about to be Eagle Scout? Requirements for earning Eagle Palms have changed to better meet the needs of scouts have earned more merit badges than the 21 needed for Eagle. Read more.
Key: Troop Events / District Events
2016-2017 Annual Scout Registration
- All Scouts & Adults MUST re-register annually
- Please print each of the 5 documents found in the 2017 Registration folder and complete them.
- 2017 Scout Registration
- 2017 Scout Permission Form (includes non-prescription medication administration, photo/video waiver, shooting sports waiver)
- 2017 Scout Behavior Agreement (must be signed by scout & parent)
- 2017 Health form (complete Parts A & B / Part C completed before Tomahawk Camp)
- 2017 Adult Registration (to be completed by all Adult Volunteers and Registered Leaders)
- All scout families should have fully re-registered for the 2017-2018 scouting year.
Other Important Troop 248 Announcements
Oceanography and Environmental Science Merit Badge program at Mall of America Sealife Aquarium – (details) Cost: $25/scout & Program length: 4 hours. Call or email at least 2 weeks in advance – 952-853-0631 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent / Teen Digital Technology Contract – Required for your son to earn the BSA Cyber Chip (needed for Digital Technology & Programming Merit Badge). You can edit this Word version (or print out this PDF version) – you and your son should sign & he should return to Bryson H at the Monday troop meeting.
National Eagle Scout Association Scholarships (NESA) Information – Eagle Scouts in their senior year in high school can apply for $3,000 to $50,000 in competitive academic scholarships and Eagle Scouts graduating from high school through their junior year in undergraduate studies may apply for a competitive $2,000 to $5,000 merit scholarships. You do need to join the NESA to apply ($35 for a 5 year membership). Scholarship detail. Application deadline is October 31.